1. What is your role in the store?
2. What styles of music are you into?
I like soul mostly...and blues, rock, country, electronica, dance, classical, experimental, new age, punk and pop - as long as there's self awareness and cleverness to the music. I like a lot of styles of music - but will mostly listen to soul music when I have the choice.
3. Equipment you currently own?
I am the proud mother of : Fender Custom Shop Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul Custom SG, Gibson American Eagle, Gibson Firebird, Tacoma Acoustic Bass, Martin acoustic and Eastman Archtop/Electric.
4. Piece of gear or instrument you have previously owned… and wish you never sold?
I had a great Mini Maton … I sold it to buy plane tickets to visit a now long gone long distance love.
5. Favourite guitar?
Really impressed with Taylor acoustics. Long time fan of Gibson. Recent wandering eyes for Fender Telecasters.
6. Favourite effects pedal?
Analogue delay heaven under foot!
7. Where do you play at the moment?
Currently I am playing rarely while writing a new album. When I do play I like to visit most of Australia and parts of Europe.
8. Who have you played with?
Midnight Oil, Tame Impala, Bertie Blackman, Pond, Thelma Plum, Mojo Juju, Carla Geneve, You Am I, Magic Dirt, Polyphonic Spree, Kill Devil Hills.
9. When did you start playing?
I was about 6 and my parents bought my older brother, Doug, a guitar. I made it known I felt I had to have one if he was having one.
10. What is the best memory or gig you have played?
I was playing guitar for Peter Garrett and I had one of those moments on stage in which everything seems hyper real… He was always an icon in our family home, both politically and musically… and one night on the tour in Adelaide, I just suddenly realised mid set…”Oh.. my … god.. that .. is... Peter… Garrett!”
I remember feeling very grateful for the chance to learn from him. Still do.
11. Who do you most look up to musically or who has influenced you the most so far?
My brother Doug, for certain. I’ve always just watched what he does and have followed suit… especially with regard to just picking up guitar and learning to play. I’ve just always done what he does, albeit in my own way.
12. Best piece of advice you could give to other musicians?
Do it because you love expressing yourself through music. Don’t stress about the rest.