1. What is your role in the store?
I try to stay on top of new product releases, particularly with effects and recording equipment.
2. What artists are you into?
Some of my old favourites are Bowie, Neil Young, Lou Reed, Brian Eno, Scott Walker and Leonard Cohen.
3. Equipment you currently own?
Some choice new gear I’m using at the moment is a Fender 65 Jazzmaster reissue, Vox AC15 amp, Martin D28 acoustic, and I’ve been mixing and recording with a Universal Apollo QUAD interface and heap of their UAD plugins.
4. Piece of gear or instrument you have previously owned… and wish you never sold?
A beast of 70’s Roland synth called the SH5.
5. Favourite guitar?
6. Favourite effects pedal?
Two please. A 60’s Tonebender style fuzz and the 80's Ibanez AD-80 Analog Delay.
7. Where do you play at the moment?
My last few shows were at The William Street Bird, Mojo’s in North Freo, and The Rosemount in North Perth.
9. When did you start playing?
I think i was about 12 years young.
10. What is the best memory or gig you have played?
Not really the gig, but the dinner beforehand. We were playing in Seattle and went for some (proper) pizza and the owner was lovely and gave us the whole meal on the house. What a generous guy.
11. Who do most look up to musically or who has influenced you the most so far?
David Bowie’s work is vast and varied, and I love the majority of it. Combined with his experimentation with image and his longevity, he’s really a rather impressive chap.
12. Best piece of advice you could give to other musicians?
Good songs speak for themselves.