1. What is your role in the store?
Salesperson, Guitar/ Double Bass/ Saxophone guy
2. What styles of music are you into?
Mostly Big band jazz, Hard Bop, Blues, Rockabilly and anything that grooves!
3. Equipment you currently own?
Eastman AR810CE, Epiphone Joe Pass, AER Compact 60, Maton SRS70c, Yamaha YTS-280, Markbass CMD121P Combo Amp, Fender Player P Bass, Carlo Giordano Double Bass.
4. Piece of gear or instrument you have previously owned… and wish you never sold?
Fortunately, I haven’t sold anything yet!
5. Favourite guitar?
Definitely my Eastman AR810CE… The best archtop I’ve ever played :)
6. Favourite effects pedal?
Definitely my Boss OC-3, always good for acoustic sets without a bass player
7. Where do you play at the moment?
Cork and Bottle, Armada Restaurant and Bar, Edgecombe Brothers Winery/Café, Fairbridge Festival, Nannup Festival, Top Half Folk Festival
8. Who have you played with?
Have played with locals like Guy Ghouse, Rod Vervest, Scott Wise, The Nomadics, Freehand, KazinKo.
9. When did you start playing?
Around the age of 7 when by dad handed me a ukulele. It all went from there!
10. What is the best memory or gig you have played?
At the Edgecombe Brothers Winery with KazinKo, such a nice winery.
11. Who do you most look up to musically or who has influenced you the most so far?
There are way too many to list, but I love players like George Benson, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery & Pat Metheny.
12. Best piece of advice you could give to other musicians?
Don’t practice it so you get it right, practice it so you CAN’T get it wrong… Also be kind with everything you do.