1. What is your role in the store?
Retail assistant with a focus on guitars.
2. What styles of music are you into?
I listen to a huge range of music but country, rock and blues are definitely my favourite.
3. Equipment you currently own?
Epiphone Sheraton, Fender Thinline Telecaster, Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul, Gibson Flying V, Maton EBG808, Blackstar HT20, Jet City JCA20H and a few different pedals.
4. Piece of gear or instrument you have previously owned… and wish you never sold?
My Vox AC15, I miss having a combo amp to take out to gigs.
5. Favourite guitar?
My Epiphone Sheraton by far. It’s comfortable to play and a super versatile instrument, great for any gig.
6. Favourite effects pedal?
MXR micro amp. It’s a great little pedal that pushes my amps into the land of sweet rock tones.
7. Where do you play at the moment?
Most recently The Charles Hotel, Badlands Bar, Freo Social and Nannup music festival.
8. Who have you played with?
I play with my own band Ezra Tide and some guitar for Siobhan Cotchin.
9. When did you start playing?
I started playing guitar when I was 11.
10. What is the best memory or gig you have played?
I’ve had a few but playing the Quarry Amphitheatre is definitely one of them. It’s an incredible venue to play.
11. Who do most look up to musically or who has influenced you the most so far?
There are a bunch of artists and bands that inspire me to play and write but at the moment Marcus King is at the top of my list of influences. He’s a great songwriter as well as a killer guitarist.
12. Best piece of advice you could give to other musicians?
Play with as many other musicians as you can. It’s great to jam with people who have different styles and influences and to talk about other people’s experiences in music.